Moving Tips from the Experts:
- Make a list for everything you need to get done
before and after the move. From changing mailing addresses
to finding boxes for your belongings. You want to
be as organized as possible.
Pack what you don't need first. For example, don't
pack your toiletries the first day. You many need
them that night.
- Throw away things you don't need. If you have not
used it in years, you probable don't need it. This
will save you time on packing and make your new place
- Always have a reliable moving service. Never settle
for less when it comes to moving your belongings.
Not using professionals can cause more harm than good
when it comes to handling your things.
- Find as many boxes as possible. Putting everything
in boxes will make your life much easier. This will
keep things from getting lost or broken. Always make
a list of what is inside the boxes and label each
one with their future locations.
- Wrap Fagile items. Wrap your glassware or anything
breakable in tissue or unprinted paper to make sure
they are safe and secure during the move.
- Don't overfill the boxes. Try to keep the weight
down for each box. Is easier moving a few lighter
boxes than one overly heavy box.
- Find as much help as possible. Friends and family
can be helpful during a move.
- Know exactly how and where you are planning on storing
things in your new place. It will save you much time
an energy knowing this before you make the move.
- Never over exert yourself. Leave the difficult tasks